Saturday, May 16, 2009

Operation: Bathing Suit week 1

I am stealing this idea from a friend of mine. It is important when you are trying to lose weight to be accountable to someone. She started posting how she is doing each week so all her friends can help keep her on track, give a little praise, and motivate. I am doing Weight Watchers Oline instead of going to the meetings like I did before. So I thought it would be helpful to be accountable to my friends on the web. :) Each week I will post a message about my journey towards looking decent in a bathing suit. Jim's parents have invited us to celebrate Jim's and his sister's birthdays in the Keys at the end of July. I would like to be able to wear a bathing suit without being totally yucky and blumpy. :) So I decided, I have 12 weeks, I can make a huge dent in the 40 pounds I need to lose. Maybe my journey can inspire others just as my friend inspired me.


My first week went really well. I enjoy counting the points. It is like a game to me. I love that I can still eat regular food. There recipes are great too.

I lost 4.4 lbs this week. Yay! I know it will slow down some in the coming weeks, but it is nice to have a good jump start. Operation: Bathing Suit is underway. My next weigh in is Tuesday. I'll let you know how I did.

1 comment:

Carrie Maseda said...

Good luck! I am trying to lose weight right now too; I am determined to get that nasty baby weight off!