Friday, October 26, 2007

Where did my mind go?

I have heard that you forget things when you are pregnant. :) It really is true! I have been so forgetful lately. I go to the pantry to get something I need and by the time I walk the 3 steps over to it, I have completely forgotten what I was getting. I usually am really good at remembering where I put things, but not right now. I have to write things down if I am going to remember to do it. I may have to resort to sticking Post-it Notes directly to my head. I also am writing on my hand a lot more lately.
The funniest thing I forgot so far just happened tonight. I was fixing dinner and I didn't see (or hear) Gidget so I started calling for her. Usually she is up to no good if I don't see her. I called and called and she didn't come. So I went looking for her. I didn't see her on the bottom floor, so I hiked upstairs (which is becoming more difficult). I looked in our room, the closet, all the bedrooms even if the doors were closed in case I had accidentally shut her in earlier. I didn't find her. I was starting to get worried. When I came back down stairs I realized I had put her outside. :) I felt so silly looking everywhere and calling for her over and over. Hopefully, my memory will go back to normal after the babies are born.

No comments: