Friday, December 7, 2007

YEAH!! We found a great doctor!

We finally found a doctor that we like and that is going to take good care of us. I had trouble as you know with finding someone to take me. Everyone said no because I did not have any prenatal care from the first trimester to show them. That didn't make any sense to me. Would they rather I have no care at all or at least some care here in the final weeks when it is most critical? Anyway, I called a doctor that was recommended by a parent of one of my students who had triplets with him. I called and got an appoinment right away. Jim went with me to the appointment on the 4th of Dec. We were so relieved as soon as we walked in the door. the staff was so nice and welcoming. They even gave me a big goody bag with some samples and magazines. The doctor came over to us and shook our hands and introduced himself. He really took time to talk to us and explain the plan for our birth. He let us ask questions and made us both feel so relieved. He said I was doing great! Everything is looking good, no signs of pre-mature labor or need for bed rest. I can do my regular routine(for now anyway) and just rest while at home. He said he will deliver them on the 7th of Feb. if they don't come before then on their own. He said there is no benefit for multiples to go past 38 weeks. It just gets too crowded and can start causing problems. So we know at least the last possible day we will have to wait to have our babies. :) He also requested that I have a sonogram about every 3 weeks from here on out to watch them develop very closely. I have one on the 18th. (I have the second 3D ultrasound tomorrow too!! Hopefully we will get some really great pictures to post and we will finally know both genders.) I will go back to the doctor on the 18th too for another check. I am so relieved to finally be getting good care. I'll keep you posted. :) More to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girls are special - I just hope you are blessed with happy & healthy babies! You look marvelous for being so far along -- it's all baby! Thanks for sharing the good news. kt