Sunday, September 16, 2007

We're Pregnant!!!

The day that we have waited for has finally arrived. We have waited 10 long years to finally see this blessing come to be. We are so greatful to our Heavenly Father for putting us in the right place at the right time. He helped us find the right people, who lead us to the right doctors who could help us finally realize this dream. We didn't know at first why we would need to move to the Tampa area. We just knew we needed to go, so we went. We know that our prayers and the prayers of our family and friends have been answered. They weren't answered when we wanted them to be answered, but when it was the right time for us. We are so excited and a little overwhelmed, but so ready to have this great miracle in our lives.
The day of the pregnancy test was nerve wracking. I went to the doctor's office to do the blood test early in the morning and then had to wait till later that afternoon to find out. Jim was so sweet and took me out all day to keep me busy. We went to several baby stores to look at cribs and baby stuff. Finally around 1:30 or so we got the call we were waiting for while we were driving around. The nurse said "Girl you're pregnant!" I smiled so big and looked at Jim and he smiled so big. She said my number (whatever hormone it is they look for) was very high. There was no doubt that I am definitly pregnant. I felt like I must be because I had been feeling a little queasy in the mornings. It is sure nice to have that confirmation though. Then I had to go in for more blood tests a couple more times. They wanted to make sure my number continued to go up, and it did.
Then I was scheduled for an ultrasound to see if we were having 1 or 2 babies. That was another exciting day. Jim had to report to his new position in Orlando already and I was finishing teaching summer school in New Port Richey so I had to go by myself. Once they were ready to tell me, I said "Wait!" I called Jim and put him on the speaker phone so we could find out together. The doctor said to Jim, "Are you sitting down?" and Jim said he was. Then the doctor said, "You're having 2 babies!" Wow! What a wonderful blessing to bring two beautiful babies into our family. We think it is going to be wonderful to have 2 babies at the same time. It is a little scary, but we are so ready to be parents.
We wanted to share this experience with our family and friends. So I am creating this blog to keep everyone updated as we go along. Right now I don't have much to put on, but it will get better as the time draws closer. I hope you enjoy it and will check in from time to time.

1 comment:

Donna Haskins said...

Hi Tawnya and Jim,

What wonderful news! I'm so happy for both of you. Congratulations.